suchgreatceilingssuchgreatceilings

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 1 Fan

Dressup Maggie Dressup Maggie

I voted two stars both ways because this game doesn't really bring much or anything at all to the table. You created a simple dress up game -- with unique artwork, to boot, good job on that. I liked the outfits, you definitely spent a few hours on drawing Maggie and her clothing -- the effort made me hopeful that the game would match the quality of the artwork.

Sadly, it didn't. But here's some improvement points that I guarantee will boost your score in the future.

First off, most noticeably, there's no music or sound effects to draw my attention! At least a nice loop, or soft accompaniment in the background to set a mood. And then there's no sound at all! At least a confirmation or drag sound, just put something. A tick would even be nice. Otherwise, you just have the artwork to rely on.

Which is my second point of improvement. The artwork was good, it was nice on the eyes. But where oh where is the customization? You could really only drag set outfits onto the character, and then some random accessories. That's all and good, but where's the wow factor there? What if I want to mix and match, and just have some kooky fun with this? The game mechanics essentially eliminate that, and it hurts my take away from the game. Also, where's the backdrop? Blank space can be done correctly -- here, you need a solid color or light pattern to catch the eye.

My final point is to ensure that the outfits cover the character completely. Several outfits did not do that -- try to work from the same stencil when you make a dress up game. Otherwise, you'll have a sloppy execution.

Good luck on future games, you have potential and I hope you continue to explore the wonderful world of Flash!
SGC [Connor]

Want more in-depth reviews? Hit up the Review Request Club in the forums, we'd be more than happy to review specific pieces. Make sure you read the updated rules.

www.newgrounds.c om/bbs/topic/ 1072042

MaggieTheFox14 responds:

About The Music And Sound Effects,I Seriously Had No Idea How To Include Any.The Tutorials I Watched Didn't Call For Any.
And I Basically Didn't Know How To Add More Colors Or Options Either.
I Haven't Created Any Dressup Games Before,So This Review Of Yours Felt Like A Slap In The Face.
And Mostly,I Made Sure Of The Fact They Covered Her.And I Also Didn't Know What Backdrop Was Or How To Add It.Last,I Don't Know How Anybody Found Your Review Helpful.It Felt More Insulting To Me.
However,I'm Glad You Believe You Could've Helped Me.

EVA7- Rebirth EVA7- Rebirth

An interesting spin on blackjack. Admittedly, I'm not quite familiar with the EVA series, but the game's premise was easy enough to comprehend. The blackjack was truly random, as it took me several tries to beat her. The artwork was done well, and you can tell a decent amount of effort was put into making this flash.

Where you lost me was the music and the dialogue. The jazzy BGM just clashed with the entire creation, and it took me out of the mood -- playing blackjack to save my hide from being blown off. Ominous audio, such as some dark ambient or the like, would be very beneficial here. Something slower, and more subdued. Then there came the dialogue. Reading the dialogue being fired back and forth was tedious, monotonous, and laborious. Some voice acting could really help here, that way you wouldn't have to rely on a bunch of ALL CAPS PHRASING to show changes in inflection. It would all be there, within the voice acting.

Also, a glitch that popped up. When Rei's head spoke, there was no button to move the action forward. Has this happened with anybody else?

Good work, I'd like to see more blackjack/casino games with a plot element as this.
SGC [Connor]
Review Request Club

Sinny Doll Sinny Doll

Nothing really special here, but I can appreciate the time that was put into the Flash and artwork. It definitely shows through.
I would recommend background music of some sort, I think it would add to the atmosphere. I know you mentioned you were worried about the file size though, so I could see the logic in not having any.

knightsproject responds:

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback! I know there isn't much too it, but it seems to load faster than I thought it would, which was one of the things I was worried about.

So I can probably add more without compromising the filesize too much. I'll look into adding music (I already have a piece in mind) and adding a BG to make it not look so plain.

Fitness Rush Fitness Rush

It's nice that you made a game catered to women

It was a bit too dainty for my tastes, but great graphics and scripting.

Little Red Riding Hoody Little Red Riding Hoody

I would like to explain why I blammed this

I really like the premise of this flash. You've flipped the gender of a classic tale, and have put a very "Kill Bill" spin on things. That's pretty creative. However, I can't ignore the feeling that this in the wrong format. I think you would have been better off making an introductory trailer, with Little Red Riding Hoody walking through this world and having the dialogue pop up as he walks through different scenes. However, the fact that I walked forward and clicked on something once makes me think this didn't have all that much time spent on it. I could be wrong, and I'm definitely not trying to knock the game. You have a big project ahead of you, and I would recommend you go back to the drawing board with this and ask yourself if you would create more anticipation for the series by presenting the introduction differently. I really enjoyed the concept, and I think the lackluster graphics actually added to it. However, you submitting this as a game was a bad idea, in my opinion.
Good luck on the game, I'll be sure to bookmark you and make sure to play it when it comes out: in full!

Robot: El Escape Robot: El Escape

Pretty good

Though, I will say, most users on the site speak English. It might benefit you to have your flashes in English. The collision detection was a bit shaky.

Adrianck45 responds:

lo corregiré para el próximo juego

Flying Candy Flying Candy

One of those perfect interfaces

It makes for a great flash, beautiful animation with a fantastic delivery. Great job, and MochiGames really adds a lot to the game when it comes down to replayability.

Laser Dolphin Laser Dolphin

Simple and slightly addicting

The game is easy to follow, and great to kill some time with. I didn't like, however, how easy it was. Even in the later levels. But, I do believe that this game is a very good, quality flash. Do some more ports should you ever get the chance, they translate very nicely.

Bomb Dropper Bomb Dropper

Simple, nostalgic.

Reminds me a lot of a game I used to play on the good ol' TI-83+. Good times. The interface and controls were perfectly simple, and I dove right into the game. It was a bit of a pain trying to control the movement of the bomb dropper, but, with some ingenuity, the levels are very doable and enjoyable.

Jumble-Laya Jumble-Laya

Interesting take on a classic

I love these kinds of games, and I like the use of time bonuses as a key part of the game. It made me think a little quicker than I would if I were simply playing Text Twist. However, this kind of game would benefit a lot from being able to interact with it via keyboard. As a laptop user (yes, I could get my mouse out, but, like others, I am lazy :P), I got a bit irked by using my touchpad. This may be difficult to execute with programming/scripting, however; luckily, it's definitely not a deal breaker. Thanks for the puzzle gaming fun :)